MBBS at USA Universities is inclined more towards practical knowledge than classic theoretical learning and education. Indian students studying or planning to study in the United States require specific eligibility criteria. These eligibility criteria determine whether or not a student from India is eligible to study MBBS in USA. Even if an Indian student decides to study or practice medicine anywhere in the world, they can opt for getting their MBBS degree from the US.
One of the most significant advantages for an Indian student studying in the US is that even though the United States has a different medical education system which includes pre-med programs and post-graduation courses, one does not need to give any exam to practice medicine in India.
The course duration in the United States is about 4 years of MBBS, which is MD there, followed by a residential or internship program that varies from 3 to 7 years. In addition, students are given highly supervised practical training in the specialized field of choice during residency.
The medical degrees in the United States are approved by NMC, ECFMG, WHO, and MCC. MBBS in the USA has proved itself as a benchmark in clinical schooling.
Also Checkout: Top 8 Best American Universities in Dubai
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBBS in USA
Following is a list of eligibility criteria for an Indian student to study MBBS in the United States.
- A student must obtain at least 50 per cent with physics, chemistry and biology as their main subject in 10+2 years for the general category.
- A student must obtain at least 40 per cent with physics, chemistry and biology as their main subject in 10+2 years for SC/ST or reserved categories.
- A Student must have appeared for NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test with qualifying or required marks.
- A student must appear for the MCAT examination to get admission to top medical colleges in the United States.
- A student must complete their IELTS and TOEFL as proof of English language proficiency and score good marks in the same.
- The course fees can be anywhere between INR 3.60 lakhs to INR 47 lakhs per annum.
- Additional accommodation expenses, including living in the United States, can be around INR 14 thousand to INR 15 thousand per month.
- The course duration is 4.5 years, and one additional year for an internship.
- English will be the medium of education; hence English proficiency is required.
- Students do not require to give any NMC screening test for taking admission to US medical colleges.
hese are the generalized eligibility criteria required for admission to a medical university in the US. Other eligibility criteria can be subjective and may differ for different universities. For a specific university, a student can visit the official university website and check the eligibility for admission to that particular university.
I hope that this complete guide of MBBS at USA Universities will help you decide your the best university in the US and also help you understand their eligibility criteria as well.