Despite being suffered from worst debt crises Dubai is still known for its luxury lifestyle and amazing structures. Last month a new cruise terminal was opened in Port Rashid, Dubai. Its facade reflects contemporary Arabic design as the main purpose is to reflect Dubai’s rich heritage as a maritime centre.
According to Bin Mej-ren, in 2009 about 263,000 cruise passengers visited Dubai on 80 ship calls at Port Rashid. In 2010, this number is expected to increase to 325,000 in 125 calls, and by 2015 the number of cruise passengers should reach 575,000 on 195 calls.
Hamad Bin Mejren, Executive Director, Business Tourism, Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) said during the inauguration: “This is an important day for us. The cruise industry is very important to the tourism economy in Dubai.”
Strategicaly Dubai is located midway between Europe and Asia, makes for easy accessibility. Dubai has always had a strong marine association. Its shores has for generations attracted seafarers and traders for commerce. In fact, Dubai was a principal Gulf Coast port and an important Trading Centre. It was called the City of Merchants and was famous throughout the region for its courtesy and hospitality.
CRUISE FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Spacious 3,300 sq.m. ultra-modern cruise terminal.
- 11.m Draft for ships of all sizes.
- Entire site surrounded by a perimeter fencing with security system.
- Highly efficient reception check-in.
- Competent information center with concierge service.
- Luxurious VIP lounge (Majilis).
- Pleasant relaxation zone and a delightful cafe.
- Rest rooms with handicap access toilets.
- Special conviences for the physically challenged (wheel chairs, electric carts & ramps).
- Big screen entertainment center.
- A world-class Duty Free and retail shops.
- Heritage and culture exhibits.
- A beautiful Arabian palm garden.
- Authorised money exchange.
- Convenient computer terminals and an Internet center.
- Post office and other communication facilities.
- Conferences facilities and business center.
- Personal & baggage security screening.
- Covered baggage handling area.
- Ample parking for tour buses as well as a taxi stand.
- No passenger handling fees for maiden calls.
- Passenger clearance via manifest system with swift immigration procedures and no visa problems for visitors.
- Professional and cerified tour guides to help you explore this excisting city.
- Capable shipping agent and ship handelers to make your job easier.
- Excellent ship repair facilities and marine supplies and services are always at your disposal.
DUBAI MARINA DHOW CRUISE