Dubai Working Visa : The Complete Guide of How to get Work Permit in Dubai
Last updated on July 17th, 2018
Being a world’s business hub, Dubai produces thousands of jobs every year for both Skilled professionals and Unskilled labours. To live and work in Dubai you need to have residency visa. The permanent residence visa then allow expats to get Dubai working Visa.
Getting a work visa for Dubai could be a lengthy process and requires patience as well. Because of very high job competition, many expats get disappointed very early. You can checkout our guide here for get job in Dubai easily.
It is always good to have great amount of information before applying for jobs in other countries. Similarly you should be aware of the basic labor laws of Dubai so you do not get in any trouble on your arrival or during your stay in Dubai. So here we are, guiding you with the basic methods of getting Dubai working Visa.
There could be two categories:
1. You are living in your country and applying online or through your friend/relative in Dubai.
2. You are already living in Dubai, Apply for the job, Give interview. Once selected your employer will get Dubai work permit and will take care of all the paperwork for you. You just have to provide the required documents to the employer.
The Permanent Residence Visa
Before the work visa for Dubai, employee must have the permanent residence visa. On your selection employer applies for the residence visa on behalf of you. Permanent residence visa is typically for 3 years. Following are the documents required for the Permanent Residence Visa.
- An Application Form
- Passport size Photographs
- Original and Copy of the Passport with 6 months validity
- Valid Commercial License of the Company you are going to work
- Valid Company Card
- Application Fee
- Valid Health Certificate
- Entry Permit by the Ministry of Labor
- There should be no Israeli stamps on your passport
Procedure of Getting Dubai Working Visa
1. Approval from Ministry of Labor
First, The employer will obtain approval from the Ministry of Labor on behalf of you. The basic purpose of this is that Ministry of Labor wants to make sure that there are no unemployed local citizen in the country who can perform the relevant job.
2. Entry Permit
Then, The Ministry of Labor issues an Entry Permit Visa which is also called “Pink Visa”. The Entry Permit allows applicant to enter the UAE. This permit is valid for two months from the date of issue.
3. Labor Card
After the applicant enters UAE, the employer will start the process for the labor card which are valid for 2 years. The important thing you should know is that, You only have 60 days to complete the requirements to get permanent residence visa. So it is highly advisable that complete all these Dubai Working Visa formalities as soon as possible.
4. Emirates ID
You then need to go to the Emirates ID service for the ID. You should take your passport and entry permit (which was issued by the Ministry of Labor) with yourself.
5. The employer will apply to the immigration authorities for your Permanent Residence Visa. Meanwhile, You need to go to any government hospitals for the Medical Fitness test or You can have your Medical Fitness test in your country.
6. Once the Employer have your Medical Fitness Test. They will go to the Department of Naturalization and Residency Dubai (DNRD) with all your documents. Where your Passport will get stamped with the Work Visa for Dubai.
Amount of time it will take to obtain Dubai Work Visa
It usually takes approximately 2-3 weeks in whole process if your documents are complete and correct. Otherwise it may take 4-5 weeks.
Money Required to Obtain Dubai Work Visa
To this date approximately 1500 AED – 2000 AED are required for the whole procedure.
Basic Rules of Dubai Work Visa
- The important thing you must know about work visa for Dubai is that. Every employer/company provides their own work visa and you cannot switch between companies using the same work visa. If you find another better job then you have to get the new Work Visa. Otherwise you can get into deep trouble resulting deportation.
- Typically, the Work Visa for Dubai is valid for 3 years. After which you have to ask your employer to renew your Visa.
- If you don’t have a sponsor for the time being to get you a work visa, then you can apply for a temporary work visa.