The indoor gardening trend is not new, but this mania peaked in 2020. Terrariums are best suited for those people who live in small and congested places. The use of moss terrarium and green mosses for indoor gardening is increasing because they are easily maintainable and space-saving. Furthermore, they do not affect the growth of other plants. Mosses and terrariums are found in almost every part of the earth’s surface. Oceanic algae that originated about 450 million years ago were the first terrestrial plants that became one of the main sources of oxygen emitting by transforming an arid rock into a lush world. The beauty of terrariums can be enjoyed with the naked eye, but this enjoyment can reach the next level by using a magnifying loupe.
The primary reason for indoor gardening is purely for delight, contentment, and alleviating air pollution. The restriction of outdoor spaces has increased the demand for indoor gardening. This article will describe what terrariums are, their types, how terrariums work, and their benefits.
What is Terrarium Moss
Moss terrarium is the type of moss that is used to decorate terrariums. It is available in different species that make up distinctive shapes, sizes, and colors. Terrarium moss is usually grown in sealable, transparent glass, which contains soil. This glass can also be allowed to open for the maintenance of plants inside.
Types of Terrariums
Terrariums can be classified into the following two different kinds:
1. Sealed Terrariums
Closed terrariums are sealed with a lid or cork. It creates a unique greenhouse effect for the growth of plants by allowing light and heat to enter inside through the walls of glass. Maintaining the terrarium’s seal makes water circulation easier for the terrarium. The seal of the terrarium can be opened once a week to remove excess moisture from the air and walls of the terrarium. Sealing terraria aims to prevent the growth of microorganisms inside the glass.
2. Open Terrariums
Open terrariums do not have seals. They are best suited for plants that require less soil moisture and humidity. Furthermore, open terraria are necessary for plants that require more direct sunlight.
How do Terrariums Work
Terrariums act like an indoor garden inside the container and work on the principle of the greenhouse effect. The soil and plant inside the pot release water vapors, which are essentially recycling water. Then this water again trickles down to the soil. sealed moss terrariums are easy to maintain because they are self-nourishing.
Benefits of Moss Terrariums
There are quite a few benefits of moss terrariums. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Moss terrarium does not affect the growth of plants, but they help in the growth of plants that are difficult to grow in the dry atmosphere. Because moss terraria also provide moisture to the plant. Therefore, these terraria are best suited for plant growth in countries with dry and hot weather.
- Furthermore, you can use artificial light, such as fluorescent and LED light very effectively for the growth of terrariums.
- Terrariums do not need to be watered regularly. They can easily maintain themselves without much care.
- Green moss and terrariums enhance the beauty of homes, offices, and restaurants. In addition to this, they also provide a restricted space for a mini garden.
- 10 Flowering Plants – The Best Friendship Day Gifts
- Add a Special Touch to Your Gifts with Custom Embroidery
In conclusion, moss terrariums are the best choice for people who have confined places, but love to garden. In addition to this, moss terrariums maintain the humidity in the air and also absorb toxins to keep the inhabitants healthy. Seedbaba provides the finest moss terrarium and green moss for your home and workplace to brighten up your areas.